Thursday, September 17, 2009

Something fishy

Shh! I'm being followed. I think.

A few weeks ago, in an early-morning walk by the river in Missoula, I stumbled upon these guys: a trio of handsome fish cast in poses full of motion, as though they were straining toward the water below.



Cut to Vancouver, Washington - last weekend. During yet another early-morning walk, there they were. Bronze fish. Nowhere near water, they are the landlocked cousins of the Missoula fish.


I wondered if there could be some rift, a terrible feud, between the Missoula and Vancouver fishes. And then I imagined an anguished fish-relative, left behind: 'They never call; they don't even write!'

Upon reflection, I should probably keep these sorts of thoughts to myself and limit them to early-morning walks.

No comments:

Post a Comment