Thursday, September 10, 2009

Let me know if you see me, okay?

Have you perchance checked Gasworks Park?

There are a whole lot of people around here looking for themselves. When I ask them what they do, they'll say, 'I'm communing with nature, transitioning - you know, finding myself.'

I sort of want to correct them, since you can't actively be finding something all the time, but you might be looking for it. A thing is either lost or found or not considered at all, if I'm not mistaken. However, I don't correct them, because that must be one exhausting task.

Regardless of the phrasing, it would seem all these people are making a hash of their intentions, anyway. If everyone's attempting to find themselves here, then wouldn't this be an obvious place to avoid, assuming detection is undesirable? Unless they think their selves would take the tack of hiding in plain sight, which is plausible - but then, I think, if you haven't found yourself yet, how would you know enough to strategize like that?

It is, perhaps, time to reshuffle my mental list of conversational icebreakers, until I get this all sorted out. Till then, let's all keep our eyes peeled for...us.

No comments:

Post a Comment