Friday, September 25, 2009

Cat Status: Weighing in on the health care debate

Dear President Obama,

Up until recently, I admit, I had no opinion on the raging healthcare debate, of which I have heard so much lately.

However, on a recent Wednesday night, I had the misfortune of suffering an attack of acute colitis. I was transported some minutes in a crate, via loud mystical moving machine, to an emergency vet where I was subjected to all sorts of undignified tests. These tests culminated in a prescription for a foul-tasting tablet called 'antibiotics'.

But I digress. As a severely overweight, domestic long-haired cat, I should perhaps be more concerned about my continuing access to health care. Nevertheless, in the same difficult evening with the emergency-vet-of-the-cold-hands, I believe I have identified a solution to the current national problem of paying for health care for all US residents.

You see, when it came time to pay for the services of the ice-fingered veterinarian, my cat-mom possessed the magic word: Visa. Why have we not heard this word in the debate before now, Mr. President? Once the magic word has been invoked, it seems there is only one further layer of query: debit or credit?

Mr. President, I wish you the best of luck in navigating the ongoing controversy. But I also urge you to look into the 'Visa' option, as it has done wonderful things for me, my colon, and the frequency of litter scooping in my own home.

Your feline citizen,
Pablo the Cat

Concerned Citizen Pablo

2 comments: