Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Postcards: Goodbye Boston, Hello Seattle

Driving away from Boston felt disorienting. After I hit the turnpike, I thought, 'I bet Fenway's back there somewhere! G'bye, Fenway!'. Even then, I was not quite sure of my exact position in Boston. Anyone who has ever been a passenger in my car knows that approximation and forbearance will get me everywhere.

But then, it's not the city that I'll miss. It'll be my coworkers, my friends, my writers' group, and all 31 neighborhood flavors, like the guy wearing the top hat and riding his stereophonic discobike down the street at 11pm. Or the next-door neighbor who admired my hyper-fussy Michigander snow shoveling technique in February.

Yesterday, I ran across some old pictures I took at the World's End reservation in Hingham, MA. It's a nice place and a good hike. I've included the view from my favorite stop on the hike. Someday, I'll come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment